Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wheels

After almost 2 weeks of renting 5 different cars and one week of being car-less, we finally have our beach wheels!

We first rented a "standard SUV" for 2 days, which we thought would be big enough to fit all our luggage, and it did, barely.


Then we rented a "full size" car for 3 days, 2012 Taurus. Ahhh I love me a good Taurus. :-)


We had hoped we'd have a car by this point, but alas, not yet. So we rented a "compact" hunk a junk from A-1 rental car for 5 days. It had no power locks or power windows, yes I know I sound like a whiner, but when you have 2 little kids it sure helps if you have a little convenience. Also they charged me a $50 cleaning fee because they said there was excessive sand and grass in the car. Yes, I did go to the beach once, we live in Hawaii after all and yes we did use the car for 5 days, but excessive?? I would have gone and paid the $3 to vacuum it out if I thought it was excessive. So after complaining everywhere I possibly could, I now have complained here. :-)

Then we still didn't have a car so we rented another "compact car" for the weekend so we could get to church.
At this point we went car-less for 5 days and that was a bit rough. But we did have some tender mercies from the Lord. One friend took me to the grocery store and another ward member took me to Pearl City to get a bigger table for our family. We live on a pretty steep hill and I haven't been brave enough to take the 2 different buses with 2 little girls in order to get to the beach so we were home a lot. They even wanted to play in their car seats while we didn't have a car.


Then Aunt Jackie and Justin got here and they helped us out with going places, till we realized we still weren't going to get our car till Sunday so we finally rented YET another car for the weekend. Look Jackie's rental and our rental are almost twins.


But after enough waiting, we finally have our beach car and here she is:





We are taking admissions for names. Here's a few we received and thought of:


Lorelei the Luau Limo
Bobbi Beachcruiser
Endecott Adventurer Assault Vehicle
Sandi
Madame of the Wave
Likelike Roadster
Waverider
Shaka
Keikei

So she isn't perfect, but she will be great for the crazy driving, small parking spaces and beach days here on the island! Thank you for all your prayers in our behalf. We truly have a great support team back home and we love you all!



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful!~ I think she looks really, really nice. I'm so glad you have her. I pick the name of LikeLike Roadster! Get out and go places now and be safe.
    Love,
    momma/gramma lassen xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally have a car to keep for awhile! I vote for Sandi - short and simple, and fond memories of a sweet girl named Sandi! I think she'll live up to the name with all your trips to the beach! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey says "Lorelie the Luau Limo".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nighthawk!!!!!!!!!! Also like Endecott Adventurer Assault Vehicle
    aka E.A.A.V

    ReplyDelete