Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good thing they are young

I finally finished organizing the girl's room. I'd love to do more with decorating, but at least it is organized and toys and shoes have a home. The rest of my house, may not be so organized, but at least I have 1 room down. Our cottage came with a full-size bed, and when we first moved in, though small for Haans and I (we had just downsized from a California King sized bed), we were extremely grateful. We were able to buy from a friend of a friend a nice queen-sized mattress for us and since we didn't want the full sized bed to go to waste, we decided it would be Curly's new bed and guest bed. My parents are coming in two weeks... super exciting!!! I was a little sad to realize my little baby Curly was going to sleep in a huge bed, but she was very excited. To help her, since she has to give up her bed to guests and sleep on a folded up sleeping bag (oh to have a young back again) we decided to get her fun new sheets. So what is Curly's favorite thing right now? Disney Princesses! She is in heaven with her new sheets. And we talked it up how a "BIG" girl behaves in order to sleep on a big bed with princess sheets. We put a rolled up beach towel on the edge to help buffer any falls, we hope. Lou Who has even been really excited, I think because she sees how excited Curly is.



                                                The new purple be-dazzled toy box/ottoman!





And what does Lou Who get to sleep in? A pack-n-play.   :(   No new sheets, just a blanket! That first night I felt really bad putting Curly to bed in a nice big bed with new sheets and Lou Who in a pack-n-play. It made me hope that Lou Who doesn't think I love her any less. But from the pictures it kind of seems like Curly is the favorite child. Good thing they are both young!! Surely they don't think that new sheets constitute favorite daughter status! We hope that in a few months we can upgrade dear Lou Who to something other than a pack-n-play. But I am not quite ready to give up the confinement of the pack-n-play. Again, good thing they are young. Plus, being young means that cookie dough makes EVERYTHING better, shoot it makes EVERYTHING better for me too!





                                             Sleep tight my little angels!




1 comment:

  1. Love it all! Thanks for posting and sharing. These will be such fun memories for all of you. It's nice you are documenting it here in such a fun way.
    Love you all, momma/gramma Lassen

    ReplyDelete