Monday, October 22, 2012

The things we do to stay cool!

Hawaii's temperature is usually in the mid 80's, which is perfect beach weather!! Plus we usually have the nice trade winds blowing. But this past month, they went away. So add that temperature to a lot of humidity and trying to just deal with every day life while you're sweating profusely can be really hard to function. (I know, I know, there are worse places). We don't have A/C in our house or in our car so we are always trying to be creative on how to stay cool. Besides Costco, Walmart, the Mall, or any other store for that matter (because they have A/C), we have tried the following:

The aquarium is a blast! Small and perfect for little kids.
 McDonald's ice cream was a hit!

 We needed a better way to water our lawn, so this rotating sprinkler has been a lot of fun!

 Laying on the cold tile eating apples!
 We have spent a lot of time at Barnes and Noble! 
I always think of "You've Got Mail" when we do this

 And the beach always works too!




Fortunately the trade winds have returned!

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh because this summer before our air conditioning was finished, that was my life, except I didn't have as many great places to go as you do. I have a key to the church, so I would go down there with some balls and let the kids run around in the cultural hall during the day so we could use their a/c. I actually did that quite a bit. The craziest thing I did was take my 3 kids to the movies by myself in the middle of the day. Amelia was CRAZY and it was a pretty dumb idea, but when you're dying for A/C, you do crazy things.

    I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete