Monday, October 22, 2012

Pre-school

It was my turn this week for pre-school at my house and I was slightly nervous to have that many kids over to entertain and teach them something. It gave me more admiration for teachers because I probably spent 7-8 hours preparing for my two days of only 2 hours. But I was glad to know that I over prepared and we didn't get to all the activities I had planned. And the only kids I had to discipline were my own kids. I had a blast teaching them about the number 9 and the letter I. We made Islands, I froze Insects in Ice and we made maracas because they are an Instrument. We did some exercises and stretches, had some playtime, story time, and snack time. It was really fun!

Curly was really proud of her #9


Afterwards I decided to try a craft I found while surfing the web. but didn't want to try with 6 little kids, so Curly and I worked on it while Lou Who slept. You glue (I used Mod Podge, but you can just water down the glue) strips of orange tissue paper to mason jars and then cut out black construction paper to make Halloween designs. Then you put a candle inside and enjoy!





So that you all don't think I am super mom, the "crafty bug" only comes out every couple of months and I think I only got upset at Curly 4 times. But I thought they turned out super cute and Curly is really proud of the one she made. She did it almost all by herself. Hers is the small jack-o-lantern. We made daddy's with a mustache. And Lou Who's is the witch one. Whenever Curly comments on my BOO she raises her hands up like she is going to scare me. Apparently she can't say BOO without using hand signs.

Then because I wanted to make something to send to my Bedstemor and Bedstefar (grandparents) we made these spiders from their hand prints  Just trace hands and cut off the thumb and glue on top of each other.


Tomorrow our pre-school is going to the pumpkin patch! Happy Halloween everyone! 
Eat lots of candy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures and posts. Where did the new nick names for the girls come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly cause of her hair and Lou Who because of the little girl in "Grinch stole Christmas." Her hair was on top of her head.

    ReplyDelete