Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Conference Weekend

This is how we spent our General Conference weekend. Sitting around in our jammies (of course) watching it on our laptop. Because we are 4 hours behind Utah, Haans and I got up at 6 am in hopes of watching as  much of the morning sessions before the girls woke up. But alas, Saturday morning, Curly heard us at 5:45. It was fun to sit with her and Haans in the pitch dark watching and listening to our beloved prophet, the Lord's mouth piece here on the earth. We got to also enjoy watching the sky get brighter and brighter.

 Notice Haans has a blanket on, it is cool in the morning! Yes, relief from the hot humidity of the day.

It never ceases to amaze me how both my girls have to sit on my lap at the same time!!!


After Saturday morning's session, we took Haans to school since he has a few Saturday's during the semester where he has class. And since most people with little children know how hard it can be to watch conference, I took the girls to the beach and got to enjoy the afternoon session during naptime. 

This next picture is for my dad. When my parents were here they spoiled me and bought me a beach chair and umbrella since I had to sell all my beach stuff back in CA. They are from Costco and I wanted a matching set. But the Costco we went to didn't have an orange chair, so after calling another Costco, checking online and Craigslist, I finally found my orange matching chair at an Overstock place in the middle of an industrial neighborhood. My dad and Haans just didn't understand why I HAD to have a matching set. Well dad, this is why.... doesn't it look good?

Lou Who enjoyed playing with my hat which she put on herself and squawked at me when she wanted to sit in MY chair!


Sunday morning, Haans and I got through most of the morning session without having to play the circus ringmaster when our girls awoke! But I do love to see how excited Curly gets when she sees the Prophet on the screen.
 After the afternoon session, (well for us it was the 10 am session), we painted nails. In theory this seems like a fun mother/daughter bonding time. But in reality, not quite! A lot of "don't touch it yet." "Stop moving." So don't look too close. :-) But the girls LOVED showing their daddy afterwards. This was Lou Who's first time and she loves pointing to her toes. My girls are all girly for sure! (And I trimmed, well accidentally cut off 2 inches, of Curly's hair).




I hope you all enjoyed watching Conference however or whenever you got to. I truly love hearing the latest counsel on how to be better and more like our Savior. During one of the talks, I was shedding some good tears when Haans leaned over and asked, "Did you call ahead?" I just laughed. I had prayed for three topics to be addressed during conference, three different issues I am personally struggling with and Heavenly Father always delivers. So grateful to know He knows me personally and knows what I am going through. Now to put into practice what I learned.

For anyone who wants to learn more about General Conference click here


1 comment: