Thursday, August 23, 2012

Washing away their woes

We have now been here a whole week and we have received a lot of blessings and so we are very grateful. We found a home, which is called a cottage. It is a 600 square foot, 2 bedroom, little cottage behind a family's house. It was originally built for a aging parent (who didn't want it) and now we have it. It's clean and nice and fits are needs. It's up hill from downtown so we have a nice little view of paradise (well over a wall- you can't see it sitting on our coach, but standing up you can) :-)

                                      This is the girl's sleeping arraignments for right now!




This is after a shopping spree to Goodwill. We had this scene again after a trip to Walmart and Costco. It defiantly takes a lot of shopping to restart your life after you sell everything and move to an island. But I got new bathroom towels and bed sheets out of it. :-)


 This is our front entryway. Curly picked out her outfit today! Even the way she wore her hat.




We have gotten lost soooooo many times, even with our smartphones. We have decided the roads here were an afterthought, but we will prevail. I have heard the best way to figure out a city is to get lost in it and we sure have. The problem is when you have two screaming kids in the back seat that don't care that mommy and daddy are "trying" to figure out Honolulu. The last 2 days have been pretty rough for the girls. Lots and lots of crying. 


This is the girls trying to console themselves after crazy-tired-monster-mommy came out. <sniff, sniff> The girls have had to endure a lot of running around so to help wash away their woes, I took them to ........ the beach! Shocking I know. 


Yesterday, I decided to take them to Waikiki, and of course had to go the worse possible way because it took us through the heart of tourism. But it was beautiful and the girls enjoyed it.


Then today after we dropped Haans off at school at 6:00 pm I took them to Ala Moana (our favorite so far) for an hour and enjoyed the warm water and the sunset. It has been so hot and humid, (our butter was melting in the butter dish) so it was nice to be cooled down. My girls are so good at making instant friends, and fighting with them over their toys. Great!!




 When Haans and I realized we'd be moving away from all our friends and family and what I deemed paradise in my home town, I told him at least he was taking me somewhere beautiful. So despite some of these hard days, I do live in a beautiful place and I am grateful for that!!




3 comments:

  1. Dear Mahana, I mean, Else -
    No one stays positive like you do! I love you so much, mi hermanita del corazon. It's hard to leave "home", but it is also so exciting & you'll find that your relationship with Haans will deepen more than you could imagine. How is your ward? How close is the Temple? What's your address? OK, enough questions... You ARE doing hard things! xoxo Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Else...what a BEAUTIFUL place to be stuck while Hans finishes school. I mean, really...600sf is all you need with such a beautiful beach so close. So happy for you guys. Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie- the bittersweet joys of moving. You left one paradise for another. I think about you often and am worried about the struggle it takes to stay above water for the first months. You do it with grace and guess what, kids survive the chaos . So many have moved and gone through what you are doing, and none of them are as amazing as you. I love you and will try to keep up on your crazy, fun life!

    ReplyDelete