Sunday, August 5, 2012

In the beginning.....


Kaanapali Beach Maui Hawaii

.... the Endecott Adventure began.

In T-14 days we will be relocating from Southern CA to Hawaii.

 One of my answers when people ask why we are moving, is because it hasn't been warm enough in CA. For those that haven't heard, Haans was accepted to a Master's program at the University of Hawaii. He will be studying to get a Masters in Public Administration. He ultimately wants to go into Hospital Administration.



















We moved out of our home last Tuesday and have been staying with mom and dad. They have been so gracious to let us bring some chaos with us. I had hoped to be more prepared and packed when we moved, but we ended up bringing 3 truck loads with us, that was even after our big garage sale and donating the leftovers. But we have been working hard to remove the chaos from their garage and our room.




Today in Relief Society, I was asked to give a little three minute testimony on hope. One of the things I shared with the ladies was this quote from President Hinckley. He said it at his wife's funeral.

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, He will hear our prayers."

I really like this quote because as I look at my future, there are a lot of unknowns and so I have been quite nervous. I like my checklists and having all my ducks lined up. BUT with this move, I have had to let it go. I have been doing what I can but we are really walking into the dark. We don't have a place to live yet, we haven't sold our car yet, we need to find a job for Haans since student loans, our mode of paying for school and livelihood, isn't enough to cover our little family. But Haans and I feel good about the decision to sell everything we own and fly with one-way tickets and two little kids, towards a hopeful future.

I am excited for Haans. He has been in a very stagnant job and a bit discouraged that upon his graduation with his undergraduate, he hasn't been able to find a better job. I know he will do awesome as a graduate student and I know he will enjoy it. He is worried about more school and succeeding, but I know he will do great.

So this blog will be to encourage my "journaling" efforts in documenting the grand adventures we will be having as new Hawaiian residents!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Else, I'm finally discovering your blog! Sorry I didn't have the link before.
    It's been a pleasure having you and your family in our home this short time. We love you and Haans and the girls so very much and will miss you more than we can even say.
    We will have to save our pennies for some trips to Oahu....soon!

    Love you forever, mom xoxoox

    ReplyDelete