Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a really fun Thanksgiving! Though we missed our families, we are grateful for some new friends who invited us to spend it with them. 

The extent of our Thanksgiving decorations at our home!

 Our lovely host and hostess did an amazing job decorating for our dinner though!

Our glorious feast!

I took this picture later, but these were the cute turkeys on our plates!

After dinner we played minute to win it and it was so much fun! I wished I had taken more pictures, but here is Curly and her friend trying to do one of the events of putting multiple Penne pasta on spaghetti noodles with their mouths.

 Here's one of Haans' events. He had to rub Vaseline on his nose and move cotton balls from one bowel to another. Super cute!


Afterwards we were invited to another get together for more dessert. This was a group from our ward and they had so many kids running around it was such fun chaos and made me think of all the chaos I missed at home!

I made this pie just because I wanted to make a pie for my family. Funny thing was I was talking to my mom right before I started and she said I should just skip the effort of making it and buy one at Costco for $7. I kind of laughed and thought "no way" I can do this! Well..... I did do it, but with 2 little girls running around and me messing up the pie dough twice (I had to start over twice!!) I was kicking myself for not taking my wise mother-of-nine-children's counsel. Oh well, next year I'll save the energy on something else and go to Costco! But at least it did turn out yummy!

But I love this holiday because it always helps me remember all my many, many blessings - small and great! I ALWAYS have much to be grateful for, even when going through hard trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment