Monday, March 18, 2013

Another trip home!

My Bedstefar (grandpa in Danish) passed away in November and my wonderful Bedstemor followed him in January, she was 94. I sure miss her and think about her a lot especially since Curly's middle name is from her. She was a wonderful women and I am grateful I got to go home again to be with my family as we celebrated her life. She had the best sense of humor and she always made you smile with her wit! She was unselfish and always giving and caring for others. Haans and I decided that I needed to take the girls with me this time, so I stayed a little longer. Traveling with two little ones, especially flying with one on my lap for 5 hours was let just say, "stressful!" But we can do hard things and I was excited to visit home again.

 This was our first hiccup on the flight. They double booked our seats so the girls and I got to wait in the galley while they fixed it. Luckily on both flights we sat next to a patient person who didn't mind that one of my girls slept with their legs almost on them. Or didn't mind that we had to get up more than 4 times for diaper changes and potty breaks. But I was grateful to get off the plane for sure! Those seats are WAY too close together.

I did have a miracle happen when I was on my way home. I fly back to Hawaii on a Thursday and my flight was at 6:30 pm. That morning I woke up with the stomach flu. It was awful and I didn't know how I was going to travel all by myself and entertain my girls for 5 hours while feeling this way. We looked into changing my flight but because I booked it on Priceline they couldn't do anything for me so I would have had to buy all new tickets for us to fly home which would have been $600. I decided to ask my dad for a Priesthood blessing. He did and and within 30 minutes (after throwing everything up, sorry for the details), I felt better! A little nauseous still, but I knew I could make it home. I didn't eat anything all afternoon and into the evening, but by the time we landed back in Hawaii, I was actually hungry and kept food down. I believe in miracles and I believe in the power of the Priesthood, and I am grateful my faith carried me!

Beautiful arrangement by my talented sisters! Danish colors are so pretty together! We love our Danish heritage!

Saying their last good-byes. It was hard to see my amazing daddy so sad!

 Till we meet again sweet Bedstemor! I sure love my family!

I am so glad my girls were with me this time! Curly constantly prays that we can move back to CA when daddy is done with school! Graciously a dear friend threw a play date party for our kids and us mommys! We had tons of fun making mini pizzas and decorating cookies. Whenever there is lots of mess there is lots of fun! 



 This little bundle is my namesake! (sort of, but I like to pretend)

Of course dress up has to be involved! 





I am so grateful I got to come home again to be with my family for my Bedsetmor's funeral! She really is a remarkable lady and one I hope to emulate. Thank you mom and dad for letting us stay at your place again. And thank you dear friends and family for hanging out with me and making me feel so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment